The Boys & Girls Club of La Plata County is committed to developing generations of kids with the skills to meet life’s challenges and inspire others. We do this through a proven Formula for Impact that guides Club members to achieve positive outcomes and results. Through high-impact programs and activities, the Club Experience is rooted in five key elements:
- A Safe, Positive environment sets the framework for life-changing youth development work
- Fun and a Sense of Belonging keep youth engaged
- Supportive Relationships with peers and trusted adult role models ensure connection, and the development of healthy inter-personal and communication skills
- Opportunities & Expectations help youth realize their potential and develop respect for self and others
- Recognition strengthens self-esteem
Each day, the Boys & Girls Club helps Club Members succeed by ensuring that intentional programming focuses on:
Youth progress to the next grade on time and graduate with a plan for their next step (Academic Success)
Youth exercise regularly and make healthy choices when faced with risky behavior (Healthy Lifestyles)
Youth are good citizens, ready to serve and lead in their community (Good Character and Citizenship)
Data Driven. Outcome Oriented.
The Boys & Girls Club of America’s National Youth Outcomes Initiative (NYOI), is conducted annually and measures the impact of the Boys & Girls Club of La Plata County member experience. This outcome measurement tool is designed to support the Club in delivering high-quality programming and services; implementing continuous quality improvement processes; and demonstrating the Club’s positive impact to stakeholders. Club member feedback from this survey highlights and informs on the influence of the Club’s formula on these listed outcomes.